Boise's old Union Pacific Railroad Depot, built in 1925, was recently restored by the Morrison-Knudsen Company. Union Pacific ended service here in 1971, and the building fell into a state of disrepair. Morrison-Knudsen Corporation purchased the depot in 1990, and using old plans and photographs, restored much of the depot to its original state. In January of 1996, the City of Boise took possession of the building and it is now used for special events in the evenings. UP 2-8-2 #2295 is on display (moved from Julia Davis Park) next to the depot.