The Quanah, Acme and Pacific RR depot operated from 1910 to 1981. A Spanish mission architectural-style building with white stucco walls, arches and red tile roof, it sports two bell towers that loom above the front entrance plus eight smaller towers on all corners - a massive two-story building for a 117 mile short-line rr. It has been a county museum since 1986. It's a national historic landmark, along with the nearby 1891 county jail. The QA&P headed southwest from Quanah, through unknown Texas towns that popped up as it was completed - with interesting names like Acme, Paducah, Matador, Roaring Springs (extant depot there, also) and Floydada, where it ended. The QA&P opened up a small part of the vast middle ground of north Texas in the 1890's between Wichita Falls and Amarillo, to which it connected through the FW&D. The "Frisco" (SLSF) connected it northerly into Oklahoma.