|ATTRACTIONS HOME | USA MAP | SEARCH|
The Arts Council Depot was built in 1914 as one of the only two-story railroad passenger stations in northeast Georgia. The building operated as a passenger station for the Jefferson and Southern Railroad until its purchase by the Gainesville Midland Railroad. In the 1940's passenger service began to wane and the facility was converted into a freight depot. It was a working freight depot for the Gainesville Midland Railroad and later under CSX Railroad until its purchase by the Arts Council in 1992.The Gainsville Midland #209 Steam Locomotive a 2-10-0 with a Seaboard red caboose, coach.