This locomotive was purchased by the Ironhorse Central RR Museum in Chisago City, MN and moved there Nov. 1st 2006. The process of returning it to the NP L-4 927 configuration has commenced. Many people have confused the fireless locomotive # 8 with this locomotive. The true history is that it was built in April of 1896 by the Baldwin Locomotive Works with the construction number of 14796. It was built for the St. Paul and Duluth RR as # 71. It became NP L-4 class #927 after the StP&D was purchased by the NP on June 15th of 1900. In August of 1929 it was rebuilt into shop locomotive # 10. It worked at the Brainerd shops as a shop switch emgine until 1955 when it was replaced by shop locomotive #7. (#7 used to be NP L-9 #1065.) Shop locomotive # 10 was donated to the city of Brainerd in 1956 and sat at the Brainerd shops until 1961 when it was moved to Lum Park.